THE WINNERS for the 2012 Nostalgic Competition are:
Fan’s Favorite and the winner of the $50 prize is “The War” by Alan Sun.
Nostalgic’s Favorite and the winner of the $100 prize is “Duck Gets Lunch” by Michael Liu.
Congratulations to Alan and Michael. We would also like to thank everyone (Hannah, Terry, Christian, Samuel, Yunfan, Blake, Alex, and Melissa) who was apart of the competition. Thank you for taking your time on your 1-page comic and entering it.
“One Page” Comic Competition
Calling all comic creators! It is time to show off your skills! Create your own “1-page” comic page. Subject, characters, artwork, and story must be original. Send your final creation to: email@example.com
The competition period will be as follows:
- Start publishing entries to site: January 1st, 2012
- Competition closes: February 29, 2012 (note new deadline date)
As the entries are submitted they will be posted on our website where everyone online can vote for their favorite. The winners will be announced on March 16th, 2012.
- Our Favorite: $100
- Fan Favorite: $50 (the submission with the most online votes/likes)
- Artwork, story, and characters must be your creation
- “1-page” comic page must be no larger than 6 ⅝” x 10 ¼” (17 x 26 cm)
- Each person can only submit 1 entry
- All form of comic art medium is accepted (if unsure please contact us)
- Competition is only open to those in the USA only
- Competition is only open to non-professionals
- You must be over 18 years old and older to submit an entry. If you are a minor you are required to get your parent or legal guardian approval prior to submitting.
- By submitting your entry you are agreeing that we, Nostalgic, can put your entry up on our website and on our social media sites (like facebook, google+, twitter, etc.).
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Nostalgic will choose winner of the “Our Favorite” category at its sole discretion. Winners of the Competition will be notified by e-mail. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- The winners’ list will be accessible on the Nostalgic website at http://www.nostalgicbooksandcomics.com and will contain the name, town and state of the winner.
- The prizes of the Competition are “as shipped” and non-transferable. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be enforced by any legal means. Nostalgic reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, out-of-pocket expenses and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. However, within the USA shipping costs, excluding possible import/export duties and taxes imposed to the receiver of the prize, are covered by Nostalgic.
- Nostalgic shall not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by you or any other participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Nostalgic is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telecommunications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, firstname.lastname@example.org.